Kaylee's First Birthday! Sprinkle Themed 💛

6:26:00 PM





 So we had the very first birthday party in our home last weekend. I had about a million different ideas for Kaylee's party. I love a well-organized good DIY party. I just searched around the whole internet to see what theme we should land on. My requirement is just easy to DIY since I didn't plan to spend a lot on purchasing decorations while I can just print and cut. And finally I landed on SPRINKLES. I was inspired by some beautiful sprinkle parties over Kara's Party Ideas. I mainly got the ideas from this and this. I have always had a love for colors so Sprinkles would be a great theme to start with.

I went birthday shopping long before Kaylee's birthday party, just wanting to make sure I got everything in hand before the real thing happens. And I was so grateful about that. Her birthday dress is from Cute Heads. The most adorable dress I have ever seen, even though I didn't get to snag enough photos.


Kaylee's dress | Cute Heads




We chose our home as the venue to hold the party. It was the most correct decision I've been made. Stranger anxiety is what I am always afraid when families and friends coming over to celebrate her birthday. And Kaylee just broke out to a new level that day. She cried, cried, and cried. I was so exhausted, as well as her dad. And we even did not get time to welcome and hang out with our guests (apologies!). But hey after she sat in her high chair, things went smoothly. I just thought that she felt security at home and in her high chair. Another advantage I was taking is that I can decorate whatever and however I want.



We bought a whole tank of helium gas and Kaylee's dad inflated two 36'' heart balloon and these three small balloons. All the signs are DIYed by Kaylee's mom, aka, me. LOL.


These photo books are from Chatbooks and this books became the most popular one in the party. Seriously how cute they are. Photos are destined to be printed out.  Follow this link and you will get your first book free. 



The only decoration items I ordered are from Shopsweetlulu. Their It's Party series is awesome. These favor bags are one of them. And I bought some round labels from Amazon, and printed the design out. 








The KAYLEE garland is also one of my DIY. These huge 36'' heart balloons are from Shopsweetlulu.  They do require lots of more helium. For the balloon tassel, I just bought some sprinkle crepe paper streamers from dollar tree, and I used two rolls. 



How gorgeous is this ONE. I bought it from Etsy. And now I'm a huge Etsy fan. The cake stand is from Target dollar spot and it costs me $5. I ordered two mousse cakes and one smash cake from Safeway. Why two? Because they told me they can't make it higher or bigger! 



Orange juice and water! Cups are also from Shopsweetlulu


I had no idea how to decorate Kaylee's highchair to make it fit to our theme. I decided to kept it simple, so I just printed out some circles on colored cardstock paper and cut them. Time-consuming though. I don't own a sewing machine to sew them together. I just went to glues and tapes. 









We were so grateful for our guests' coming and helping celebrate Kaylee's first birthday. 


Kaylee was so adorable opening her presents. She really got the hang of it and loved looking and helping mommy open them. 

















We can't thank all of our family and friends who came to celebrate our sweet girl. It really was a fun afternoon! It was a great day that I will always remember and bear in mind. I really can't believe how fast this year has gone by. Our lives have obviously been forever changed by having Kaylee, she has brought such a sweetness and joy for life that you can't help but be affected by when you are with her. We are pretty lucky to call her ours. Happy First Birthday Kaylee! The first of what I hope will be a long life full of birthdays! We Love You!  💛





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe